Faster content when your customers need it
Clook CDN allows your visitors to load your website's static content from 41+ globally diverse locations, meaning that larger objects are are retrieved from the closest POP to achieve the fastest speeds possible.
Estimate transfer costs
Use our simple bandwidth calculator to work out your estimated monthly cost
Our CDN architecture spans four continents and places servers at key strategic Internet exchange & peering locations around the world.
Keep your content within your current hosting account or upload it to our CDN storage network for an additional layer of redundancy.
Our CDN services are fully managed and our team is available 24×7 to help you integrate the CDN service into your existing website.
Pay Per GB
You pay only for the bandwidth used with no need to worry about upgrading or downgrading packages.
We have a very strong team here at Clook and we build on everyone's strengths and weaknesses, you have to be able to make a good brew too!
- Our CDN service is not geared towards customer reselling at this time. This is due to the administration panel being branded with our company name/logo along with the domains used for linking to files being branded to clookcdn.com or your domain (if using a CNAME).!
- By default the retention of raw log files for use of our CDN is disabled and this has no relation to the ‘Reports’ feature of the control panel. This is to prevent additional fees to your account related to the storage of the log files within the CDN network. These can be enabled upon request.
- The storage of files within the CDN to save space on your hosting account is available but disabled by default. We recommend keeping files stored within your regular hosting account as this avoids additional fees on the CDN service associated with the storage of files.
This is also the reason why the retention of raw log files is disabled by default because the size of stored logs also counts towards CDN storage.
Our pricing for files (including log files if enabled) stored within the CDN is £1.00 + VAT per GB. This is billed monthly on a ‘highest watermark’ basis whereby we bill for the largest usage seen within that month. For example, if you store 2 GB of files then upload an additional 2 GB (making the total 4 GB) then delete 3 GB (making the current usage 1 GB), the fee at the end of the month will be for 4 GB space usage.
- Upon setting up your CDN service we have configured your first website/origin so you can begin using the service almost immediately. Some things you may wish to do upon receiving the activation email are:
1. Wait! Due to changes to DNS changes a new website/origin setup within the CDN can take up to an hour to become active so if you have just received your activation email it is best to wait for an hour.
2. As mentioned, we have setup your first website within the CDN which is the reason we ask for your website domain name during signup. If you wish to use the CDN across multiple websites you should set these up in your My ClookCDN control panel as detailed here.
3. If you prefer to use a branded subdomain to access files on the CDN such as http://cdn.yourdomain.com/path/to/file.jpg instead of http://wpc.XXXX.clookcdn.com/YYYYYY/directoryname/path/to/file.jpg you can have an Edge CNAME setup. This needs to be done by us and is detailed here.
4. Following this you can begin setting up your website to pull static files from the CDN rather than your normal hosting account. Please see our section marked ‘CDN Website Integration’ for help with this.
- Our system invoices for the ClookCDN regular service fee in advance with invoices due on the 1st of each month. Within this invoice we will also include the bandwidth usage (if applicable) for the previous month (in arrears) as an additional invoice item.
For example, on the 1st September our system will raise an invoice for the regular service fee for the month of September along with the overage bandwidth usage for the full month of August.
We remind all clients using our CDN service that in the event of cancellation bandwidth usage fees already incurred and not invoices will be invoiced at the end of that month.
- Using a CNAME allows you to make linking to your files easier by using a domain branded to your website rather than one containing our branding.
For example, rather than linking to a file using http://wpc.XXXX.clookcdn.com/path/to/image.jpg you can use http://cdn.yourdomain.com within your HTML code.
To setup a custom CNAME please contact our helpdesk and we will take care of this.
- Each location has different servers optimised for serving different types of files. While the servers responsible for serving HTTP Large Objects have extremely fast SSD drives, those used for HTTP Small Object files use larger amounts of RAM to allow for approx 15% faster access time of the files.
Many clients use the CDN by treating all files as HTTP Large Files which results in very fast performance while keeping things simple. However, for slightly faster performance and highly optimised website speed it is possible to use the URL for Large Files for files larger than 300 Kb and the URL for HTTP Small Files for files smaller in size than 300 Kb. This will create the fastest possible environment for using ClookCDN.
- Extra features can be used with ClookCDN at the following fees:
Token Auth: £50 setup & £125 per month.
SSL Standard: £150 setup & £125 per month.
SSL – Custom: £200 setup & £150 per month.
Advanced Reporting: £50 setup & £125 per month.
Real-time Reporting: £50 setup & £100 per month.
If you wish to add any of the above features or have any questions please contact our sales team.
- Your CDN service can be managed using the control panel at https://my.clookcdn.com – your login details were provided within your CDN service activation email. If you need this resending please contact our helpdesk.
- A Content Delivery Network (or CDN) is a special network of servers positioned at different places in the world that mirrors specific content. This allows visitors to any website containing this content to download it from a location (also known as point-of-presence or POP) closest to them in order to get the fastest speeds possible.
It is also useful for high demand downloads such as media serving and software downloads because the load is spread between the whole CDN without affecting the stability of the single server hosting the website in question while at the same time providing stable and fast speeds to all visitors around the world.
- This technology is meant for serving static files and not dynamic scripts such as PHP, CGI, etc. Other than that, any content is suitable from small files (under 1 MB) such as website images and CSS files to larger files such as file downloads, larger images, etc. In addition, our CDN systems are optimised for media streaming using Adobe’s Flash Media Server or Microsoft’s Windows Media Server.
- In short, everyone! While those with high demand files and those who require fastest speeds for all visitors around the world will benefit most, even smaller websites with more localised visitors can benefit because the CDN technology will always provide the content from the closest and fastest POP to the website visitor.
While CDN technology may be new to many, there is no steep learning curve as our managed CDN services comes with our help and support to implement on your website.
- You can find a list of our POPs in the map diagram at the top of this page.